The ones we love most aren’t always able to be there with us to celebrate life’s milestones. Fortunately there are many meaningful ways you can acknowledge these special people on your wedding day – here’s a list of touching ideas for how to honour and remember them.
Keep Them Close
1. Include their favourite flower in your bouquet or boutonniere.
2. Attach a photo locket, piece of jewellery, handkerchief or other personal item to your bouquet.
3. Cut a piece of your loved one’s clothing in the shape of a heart and sew it to the inside of your dress. This can also be your something old or blue.
4. Wear your father’s tie or cufflinks to remember him on the day.
5. Pin a photo to your boutonniere so they can be close to your heart.
6. Add photos of loved ones who can’t be there to your ceremony aisle.
7. Reserve a seat for them at the front of the ceremony with a photo, flower or candle.
8. Light a candle during the service in memory of all those who are there in spirit.
9. Take a moment to share what they mean to you and how much they’re missed.
10. Include a picture of them on your register table so they can be part of your certificate signing photos.
11. Create a photo display celebrating those who have passed. Old wedding photos are a lovely touch.
12. Acknowledge them during the reception speeches.
13. Toast with their favourite wine or include their favourite after five drink on your bar menu.
14. Incorporate a favourite food or activity of theirs into your day.
15. Dance to their favourite song.
Signs & Readings
16. “We think about you always, we talk about you still. You have never been forgotten, and you never will. We hold you close within our hearts and there you will remain. To walk and guide us through our lives, until we meet again.”
17. “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed, and very dear.”
18. “On this special day, our thoughts are with the loved ones who could not be with us. We feel your presence in our hearts.”
19. “Forever in our thoughts, you have never gone away. We wish you could be here to share our special day.”
20. “Your presence is in our hearts as we say ‘I Do’. We proudly say our vows in loving memory of you.”
This berry beauty proves it’s possible to take inspiration from different wedding styles and tie them together with your colour palette! A boho ceremony, rustic reception and romantic bridal styling combine seamlessly thanks to a divine mix of florals in red, burgundy and pink. There’s also two exquisite lace wedding dresses, a mouthwatering trio of cakes and mobile bars we’d love to see pop up anywhere, anytime!
Set on rolling lawns, the ceremony space is framed by a macrame arbour accented with roses, snapdragon and cascading greenery. Black lanterns topped with blooms line the natural aisle – just imagine the glow as the sun sets!
The beautiful bride wears an elegant strapless gown and sleek updo finished with artfully arranged buds and berries. Shimmer eyeshadow and a bold berry lip complete her glamorous look.
A vintage caravan bar feels at home in the country setting, with bubbles, bocce and bowling awaiting guests after the ceremony. For the reception, illustrated menus are a perfect match for the boxed floral centrepiece, with crocheted placemats, crystal votives and softly gathered table runner adding texture. A luscious trio of cakes draped in salted caramel and dressed with fresh petals are displayed for dessert. Good things really do come in threes!
Changing into dancing shoes and a flirty lace cocktail dress, our bride lets her hair down and opts for a fabulous floral crown, ready for a relaxed afternoon celebration.